Where to view episodes?

Discuss the Classic Doctor Who series (Doctors One to Eight)

Where to view episodes?

Postby gothmetacrisis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:14 pm

I have some classic Who on my Roku in both Netflix & other channels but there are still huge gaps & I am trying to get my kids caught up. I really don't want to talk about stuff they haven't watched yet.

Any suggestions?
gothmetacrisis

Re: Where to view episodes?

Postby Kjasi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:32 pm

As a Whovian, I'm assuming you know that 108 (or was it 109?) episodes of the series have been lost. As a result, there's bound to be gaps in the first 2-3 Doctors. Beyond that, no idea.

At the moment, the only way to watch these episodes are to download fan-made reconstructions. (Fortunately, all the audio from those episodes have survived in one way or another...) The BBC has been working to release animated version of some of those missing episodes, but they haven't done too much of it.

I personally have been considering trying to do a 3D animated version of an episode or two, partially to see if I can, and partially to help along my Doctor Who Re-Edited series I've been working on.
Kjasi

Postby pandacobain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:16 pm

I wish I remembered the sites that people suggested for old Who. I will do some research again and see what I can find for us all. I hate that there's a huge chunk missing but I'll watch what I can as soon as possible.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Yes I do know many episodes are gone <cry & whail> but I'm not sure if my channels have all of the existing classic Who or if they are incomplete from the incomplete so I am always on the lookout for more & more & more!!! bwaahahaha!

Sorry...I'm better now! lol

I just want my kids to have the best I can give them & my son is a bigger fan than I am so that means more Dr at every chance! hahaha
gothmetacrisis

Postby kittypippin » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:34 pm

I'd like a place besides Netflix to try and get ahold of them (aside from buying them, because as much as I would love to, that just won't happen). I've barely seen any of the old series, but I'd love to watch whatever I can get my hands on.
kittypippin

Postby black_guardian » Thu May 23, 2013 4:29 pm

I have sometimes watched them on a website but cant remember the name Ive been watching the classic episodes I didn't or havnt got yet, this site has some on I think http://www.zzstream.li/2013/05/doctor-who-s6-e13.html, but apart from Matt Smiths Doctor Who episodes which I need to start buying I have nearly all the ones before that modern & classics, apart from ones that havnt been released yet I just need Greatest Show in the Galaxy, to be up to date until the next unreleased classic comes out I know Mind of Evil is coming out soon also The Ice Warriors cant wait to see that not just the found episodes on the video box set, glad they started animating the missing episodes was great when I bought the Invasion on of my favourite Cybermen stories, also the Reign of Terror, which came out not to long ago... :)
black_guardian

Postby grace14518 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:24 am

If anyone is still having trouble finding classic who episodes, you could try dailymotion.com. That's where I watched most of the episodes, even the "lost" episodes that some people reconstructed.
grace14518

Postby susieforeman » Tue May 10, 2016 7:14 pm

THE PLACE I WATCH CLASSIC AND NEW WHO ALL DOCTORS ALL SERIALS EVEN THE RECONS IS ON http://www.tardisblue.net find people on their facebook page to help you get an account/membership
susieforeman

Return to Classic Who