TimeGate 2013

Re: TimeGate 2013

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:52 pm

I would have to have a custom one... Like... Mega custom because I am very oddly shaped/built. xD But I do know exactly the types of costumes I want... And I can get my 11 costume from a really great store around here. They have bow ties, suspenders, awesome Doctor-y clothes.
pandacobain

Postby hhudson17 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Ha! I put together my cosplay last year in like two weeks! I just bought craft stuff at JoAnns and it turned out great! Here's a pic:
Cyber Showgirl Headshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hhudson17

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 pm

pandacobain wrote:I would have to have a custom one... Like... Mega custom because I am very oddly shaped/built. xD But I do know exactly the types of costumes I want... And I can get my 11 costume from a really great store around here. They have bow ties, suspenders, awesome Doctor-y clothes.

LOL I always thought I was built from freankenstien parts! Nothing matches!

Thats why order onlne though (if I can't do it myself) so much cheaper & I can send my measurments without embarasment...
gothmetacrisis

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:22 pm

hhudson17 wrote:Ha! I put together my cosplay last year in like two weeks! I just bought craft stuff at JoAnns and it turned out great! Here's a pic:
Cyber Showgirl Headshot.jpg

Sweet!!!

Thats a good one!!

We should all share what we do for the cons this year or video conference from some or something!

Cosplay is soo fun! & I wouldn't feel like a freak with you guys!!
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 am

My dad is a master at sewing and one of the costumes I want is basically a 50's style dress made to look like the TARDIS.

Or this for the 11th Doctor.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:45 am

Sooo COOL you guys!!!

I haven't made much for myself...

I tried to attach my kids outfits (not Who) but the files are too big so I will have to edit a bit..

My daughter has a Black & Pink Pirate Captian Costume with lots of skulls

My old son likes Blade from PuppetMaster so I made him a coat & mask with hat & weapons

Not bad work (since I only put in about 2 hrs) but not professional either. I will post those when I get them sized down
gothmetacrisis

Postby hhudson17 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:49 pm

pandacobain wrote:My dad is a master at sewing and one of the costumes I want is basically a 50's style dress made to look like the TARDIS.

OMG! That is utterly amazing! JEALOUS <<<< I went and bought a basics of sewing book today actually. hehehe I wanna make a rockin Cyberman outfit. Still not sure what "theme" as that was my Cyberman Showgirl. My do a hipster one, thats whats been suggested hehe
hhudson17

Postby pandacobain » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Meta, Ooh. That's awesome! I do plan on definitely dressing up as a femme 11 one day. Suit and all. :) Gonna get a fez and maybe go to the dollar store and buy a mop. :D I already have the screwdriver so it shouldn't be too hard. :D I'm so excited. Told my dad about this and since I don't ever do anything, if I'm better by then I think he's going to try to figure out a way for us all to go to this con.

hhudson17, ooh. That sounds interesting. :D Aha. He was helping me make a prom dress when I went my freshman year but we never ever finished... Good luck on making something new! I may eventually do a Dalek or Cyberman or something. I don't know. Would you be going to this con??
pandacobain

Postby hhudson17 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:25 am

pandacobain wrote: Would you be going to this con??

Absolutely! I already have my membership and hotel room! I actually run the con's tumblr acct too!
hhudson17

Postby pandacobain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:49 am

O: That is awesome! I wish I could do that. >.< I have no idea how I'd get to go. I'll have to see if my best friend wants to go. Maybe we could have a road trip. I'd love to go to this. I've been to Anime Weekend Atlanta and I imagine this is something like that only ya know... Doctor Who/Stargate. xD
pandacobain

PreviousNext

Return to Conventions / Events