Possible female Doctor?

Discuss the future of Doctor Who. WARNING! Possible spoilers!

Re: Possible female Doctor?

Postby pandacobain » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:22 am

gothmetacrisis wrote:
pandacobain wrote:Eh. I kind of don't think a female doctor would be possible. Well, maybe. I don't know. Since he is married and well... All along he's been a male, why change that now? The Doctor being a male has worked all along, they could bring in a female Time Lord, bring back Jenny if you will because though she isn't fully Time Lord, she's still got the 2 hearts and didn't die when she should have. Though... If they want to be rid of River in order to have a female Doctor, they would have to have him regenerate and get a new sonic screwdriver or get a new screwdriver for him to give to her before she goes to The Library. Because as much fun as it would be for there to be a female Doctor with River, I don't think it'd work out too well. And as we know, River says that The Doctor is a male when he takes her on their last date before she leaves for The Library. I guess it's another we'll have to wait and see.

Didn't Moffat make a point about how scifi is the only genre on TV today that has strong Femal characters. I think they would do it in a heartbeat if they could work out the timelines.

I also think that they would have 2 Timelords in one tardis (or maybe more) as it was designed to be piloted my many. I wouldn't count anything out.

But they should make her ginger!

Yes, he did say that but! There are already SO MANY strong females in the show. I do think it would be interesting to see a female Doctor but I just don't really see it working out too well. And as bond said it's been a long line of males and maybe there's a reason for that. River went from being female, to being female, to being female... The Doctor has gone from being male, to male, to male, to male, etc... Though, we don't know all there is to know about Time Lords and how they work, maybe they can't change gender?
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:42 pm

I thought that when he went from 10 - 11 & 11 said I'm a girl!! that they left that open for possibilities. He wasn't so sure he wouldn't change sex.

They are masters at possibilities & no solid hints! lol
gothmetacrisis

Postby heikewho » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 pm

pandacobain wrote:
gothmetacrisis wrote:
pandacobain wrote:Eh. I kind of don't think a female doctor would be possible. Well, maybe. I don't know. Since he is married and well... All along he's been a male, why change that now? The Doctor being a male has worked all along, they could bring in a female Time Lord, bring back Jenny if you will because though she isn't fully Time Lord, she's still got the 2 hearts and didn't die when she should have. Though... If they want to be rid of River in order to have a female Doctor, they would have to have him regenerate and get a new sonic screwdriver or get a new screwdriver for him to give to her before she goes to The Library. Because as much fun as it would be for there to be a female Doctor with River, I don't think it'd work out too well. And as we know, River says that The Doctor is a male when he takes her on their last date before she leaves for The Library. I guess it's another we'll have to wait and see.

Didn't Moffat make a point about how scifi is the only genre on TV today that has strong Femal characters. I think they would do it in a heartbeat if they could work out the timelines.

I also think that they would have 2 Timelords in one tardis (or maybe more) as it was designed to be piloted my many. I wouldn't count anything out.

But they should make her ginger!

Yes, he did say that but! There are already SO MANY strong females in the show. I do think it would be interesting to see a female Doctor but I just don't really see it working out too well. And as bond said it's been a long line of males and maybe there's a reason for that. River went from being female, to being female, to being female... The Doctor has gone from being male, to male, to male, to male, etc... Though, we don't know all there is to know about Time Lords and how they work, maybe they can't change gender?

He did mention a Time Lord that sometimes changed gender, though. It might not happen now, but it might happen in a couple of years.
heikewho

Postby gothmetacrisis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:55 pm

You're right probably not for a long time...but it is still fun to think about!!

I do still hope that when we get a female Dr she will be ginger! lol
gothmetacrisis

Postby heikewho » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 pm

gothmetacrisis wrote:You're right probably not for a long time...but it is still fun to think about!!

I do still hope that when we get a female Dr she will be ginger! lol

Well he has to end up ginger at one point, haha! Think a little change for a little while would be great and challenging. Maybe he already was female at some point, before we "met" him. That's a weird thought, haha.
heikewho

Postby gothmetacrisis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Weird is good! & common place in the Whoniverse.

He complains that he is never ginger & he has been blonde once...a blonde female Dr?

What about a black hair goth dr obsessed with death & the dreary? lol EmoDR!
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:11 am

gothmetacrisis wrote:I thought that when he went from 10 - 11 & 11 said I'm a girl!! that they left that open for possibilities. He wasn't so sure he wouldn't change sex.

They are masters at possibilities & no solid hints! lol

Lol. 11 Improved that. I loved that whole thing! But maybe they will have a female just to switch things up. Honestly, it's Moffat's world now. I dunno. Maybe I'm just used to seeing The Doctor as a male.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:03 pm

When something is improved they could cut & redo but they left it.

I think they will use that! Probably years from now but it was opened & will be kept. Those guys are always filing away tidbits for future use!
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:13 pm

That they are! I think that they just want to leave as many possibilities open as possible. They know that the Doctor Who fandom is very dedicated and that they have to have open possibilities everywhere.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:19 pm

That's the problem! They have all of time & space & dimention!

We have one hour at a time....

You think they might have mercy on us but no they just keep hiding & ripping our guts out! lol
gothmetacrisis

PreviousNext

Return to Futurekind