Face of Boe/Jack Harkness

Discuss the future of Doctor Who. WARNING! Possible spoilers!

Re: Face of Boe/Jack Harkness

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Bahahahaha. Whore-moans. That's too great!!

He really is a good man deep down. He cares about so many and he sacrificed himself to save millions in New New York when they were down in the speedway or whatever. Sorry, totally blank. Haha.

He is one of the best. xD
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Side note...I always wanted to start a greeting card company called Whore Moans for adult stores.
gothmetacrisis

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:17 pm

I know that episode! When the Face of Boe actually dies.

If you watch Torchwood he sacrifices a lot more many many more times including being burried alive for hundreds of years.

Very sad stuff just like with Rory!
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:37 pm

I watched Torchwood butyI don't remember much of it sadly. I do know that he cared with all his being for his team and would have done ANYTHING for them. He really is one of the greatest characters in the show despite him not being in DW as much as some would like. I sure would have loved him around more. Especially when River comes around.

Know what would be crazy? If all this time we were led to believe that Jack is the Face of Boe but he isn't really and some alien/his child "stole" the name...
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:14 pm

That's possible. The title was given to him for a modeling job. It could be that there are many Face of Boes but I am pretty sure that he is the only one now & it has been talked about in the show that he outlived all of his children.

95% sure that Jack is the real Boe! lol
gothmetacrisis

Postby [email protected] » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:04 am

Okay this is not my original theory but it makes sense!

1) The Face of Boe is only a head.
2) The Headless Monks cut off their heads, but they heads continue living in a separate box
3) We know that Jack is aging, even if it is very slowly.

Therefore...

Jack has a run in with the headless Monks, they chop his head off and after that, no one kills Jack meaning the rest of his body never grows back. So Jack lives out the rest of his life as the Face of Boe.

Also, Moffat originally planned to have Jack in "A Good Man Goes to War", but Barrowman couldn't make it because of a scheduling conflict with "Torchwood: Miracle Day".
[email protected]

Postby pandacobain » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:52 am

Lol. I was just thinking it'd be interesting. Haha. They always like making twists.

I think that's been thought by a lot of people actually. So it's not too crazy. :)
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:10 pm

They also said that the Time Vortex Manipulator River has came from a good looking time agent. Although it looks different it could be Jack's. We know that the merchant worked for/with the Monks for a long time so it is very possible that is what happened & River has Jack's TVM.
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:40 pm

That's actually what I've thought a few times... Every time I see the part about her saying that, I think "JACK!!!!"
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:12 pm

If we go with the headless monks theory does that mean when he gets pregnant its without his head attached?
gothmetacrisis

PreviousNext

Return to Futurekind