Magic: The Gathering

Magic: The Gathering

Postby pandacobain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Now, I don't really play anymore but I've got some questions for anyone that plays... Just to get the conversation going. :)

1) What's your all time favorite deck to play?
2) Do you play tournaments?
3) How large is your collection?
4) How long have you been playing?
5) Why did you get into MTG?
6) Favorite expansion?

Alright, despite me no longer playing, and that's only because I had some medical issues that made it very hard to go out and do Friday Night Magic or even to have people come over and play. I started off because my boyfriend thought it would be something that him and I could do together. At first that was awesome, but once it took up every surface of our old apartment I was sick of it. Haha. But I still have my favorite deck. :) It's my Werewolf deck. Green and I think red? I'm not sure. Haven't played it in a while. It's mostly built with cards from Innastrad. I think that's my favorite expansion. I know that some people enjoy their decks that put a ton of tokens out on the field but I don't know, I don't really like it. I remember I started off with a blood lust deck. I loved it so much... But in an attempt to change it to a Vampire deck we totally lost how the perfect build for myself was. I'm not really into MTG anymore but I'm still somewhat interesting in the things that are going on in the MTG world. I plan on getting back into it one day. Maybe in a few months or maybe in a few years. But I'm curious as to what kind of decks you guys play or why you play or if someone got you into it.

For those who don't know what MTG is, here's a quick description...
Magic: The Gathering (MTG; also known as Magic) is the first trading card game, created by Richard Garfield and introduced in 1993 by Wizards of the Coast. Magic continues to thrive, with approximately twelve million players as of 2011.[1] Magic can be played by two or more players each using a deck of printed cards or a deck of virtual cards through the Internet-based Magic: The Gathering Online or third-party programs.

Each game represents a battle between mighty wizards, known as "planeswalkers", who employ spells, items, and creatures depicted on individual Magic cards to defeat their opponents. Although the original concept of the game drew heavily from the motifs of traditional fantasy role-playing games such as Dungeons & Dragons, the gameplay of Magic bears little similarity to pencil-and-paper adventure games, while having substantially more cards and more complex rules than many other card games.

An organized tournament system and a community of professional Magic players has developed, as has a secondary market for Magic cards. Magic cards can be valuable due to their rarity and utility in gameplay.

Last edited by pandacobain on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandacobain

Re: Magic: The Gathering

Postby Kjasi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:39 pm

I used to collect it back in High school, but I never really played it. I think I've since gotten rid of my cards, but I did have 1 special card though... I think it was a Shapechanger. It's strength and health (+1) was equal to the number of mana lands you have in play. It was an awesome card.

That's the closest I've ever come to card-game collecting.
Kjasi

Re: Magic: The Gathering

Postby pandacobain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:53 pm

My werewolf deck is very special to me. I told the bf he wasn't allowed to take anything out to sell cause if I get back into it while Innastrad is still legal, I'm gonna play that deck. Haha. There's a card to makes it to where creatures that aren't werewolves can't do any damage to your werewolves.
pandacobain

Return to Board Games, Card Games & Role Playing Games