New Doctor!

Discuss the future of Doctor Who. WARNING! Possible spoilers!

New Doctor!

Postby heikewho » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 pm

So I just saw that Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who at the end of 2013. The big question now is who'll be the next Doctor? o:

I can't think of anyone that can fit the Doctor role.. All the good ones are gone. I do hope the new Doctor is older and not younger...

Any thoughts on this?
heikewho

Re: New Doctor!

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:53 pm

I read that too but I also saw the statement letting fans know that this is not true...

It said that he films things on break but he dedicated to Doctor Who

So no worries it was just a rumor!
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 pm

I sure as hell hope it's just a rumor! I can't lose Smith so soon after losing Karen and Arthur! That'd be just cruel!

When they do get a new Doctor I hope he's about the same age. And if they do go older not too much. They seem to be sticking with the theme of youngerish guys. Possibly to keep the viewers of this time happy because most peiple watch shows mainly because they find characters attractive and usually that's younger guys.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Don't worry! I checked the official posts & all say take it with a LOT of salt! lol Every time he does something else as an actor people freak out but he is just keeping his skills sharp. He has already been working on stuff for season 8!
gothmetacrisis

Postby heikewho » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Oh thank Ood! I was a bit worried there.
heikewho

Postby gothmetacrisis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 am

No sweat!

You can always check the official blog/site for things like this. It happens quite a bit since actors take others jobs between shoots.

They may be trying to boost ratings or something..but whatever the reason the rumors persist! lol
gothmetacrisis

Postby heikewho » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:35 am

I just found out the article was on "the sun", which pretty much is a satyric newspage.
heikewho

Postby pandacobain » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:55 am

Hahaha. I think I like to wait and see about things. I don't like knowing all the things that may or may not be true at this point. I really like the not knowing what's rumor and what's fact. And I love watching Smith in his other projects. :) And saying that he's leaving may keep people watching. Hoping, wondering, dreading.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:02 pm

I always go to the source for things like this.

For the forum I LOVE to guess & hear other people. I may not agree or always get what they are driving at right away but I still love to talk! lol This is the only grown up time I get! lol

I don't want to really know everything though...that would be boring - I may cry less but too boring
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Haha. I probably should but I think I follow enough Doctor Who pages to see them sort everything out for me. Haha.

Much too boring to know everything. More fun to guess and wonder what's going to happen.

I'm thinking they may actually make the next Doctor younger and maybe just a goofy as 11 but maybe not. Depending on what happens to his new companion or to River or whoever. I think we're going to see Clara die a lot so I don't know how the Doctor is going to handle that. And I think they form the next doctors based off of how they want them to deal with the loss of companions or things that have happened to them during their last regeneration.
pandacobain

Next

Return to Futurekind