River song to have child?

Discuss the future of Doctor Who. WARNING! Possible spoilers!

River song to have child?

Postby bondservant4jesuschrist » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:22 am

I saw a photo that showed River holding a child with The Doctor right by her. Could this be Clara? I see, also, that people theorize that Clara is CAL Catherine Abigail Lux, from the Library episodes (during David Tennant years). They show how CAL and Clara look similar.
bondservant4jesuschrist

Re: River song to have child?

Postby pandacobain » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:26 am

Clara and CAL look REALLY similar but I think that it's possibly just a coincidence... Just one of our fandom's crazy theories. I'm not sure about Clara, she may just be really special. -shrugs- I really have no good theories on her. But when I watched the episodes that had CAL in them I noticed how much she looked like Clara and the way they kinda acted alike...
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:36 pm

I think it would be lovely for them to have kids! Lots & lots of kids!

It is something that happens with married couples - not all but probably most

The problem is - is there a time that they ever get more than a quick adventure?

I don't think the Dr would leave his wife & child to go adventuring...
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 am

Not since he's already lost a wife and child before. If he has a second chance at having a happy family... Maybe he'd take them with him. I'd love to see more River. Lots more River.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Agree!! He wouldn't just leave them!

He probably would take them with or find a safe place to stay during the first & most vulerable years.
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:27 pm

That's a possibility but do you really think River would let the Doctor treat them as such fragile creatures? I'm sure if River had a child she would want to keep them safe but with how she was raised, would she really want to be left behind or have to be hidden away? And if she has a child has she been let out of prison or had she just broken out again because as far as I remember she's still locked up. But I could be wrong about that. I mean, I think any child of River's would be badass and probably a total cutie. And if it's between 11 and River, psh... They'd be mega yum. Haha. I'm trying to think of what kind of personality a child of River and The Doctor would be like... I've thought more about River and Jack after reading it on these forums and now I'm stuck on that. I guess it would kind of depend on the personality the Doctor had, if he was 11, or if he's changed and has a different personality. I know that the kid would have River's strength and awesomeness but coming from The Doctor's side... That's a mystery.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 am

As a mom I can say that no matter what my personal desires I would do anything for my kids! Even if that meant hiding them or giving up my career.

Lucky for me my career is good for my kids.

But River would know that many species would be after their child(ren). I think she would protect it/them fiercely! They might even have to run a lot to keep them safe.
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 am

Yeah. One day I'll understand that, hopefully. I've always wanted to be a mom and a lot of my family members have trouble having children so I have seen the pain of the loss of a child. And I think that River and The Doctor would absolutely kill if they lost a child to some enemy they have.

Well, the Doctor is already always on the run. So it wouldn't be that big of a change for him but I don't really think that would be good for the child. Though, running all around the universe seeing all of time and space, learning from the best? That may be good for them... But then again, I know it's sci-fi but we also have to look at the fact that they're still very human despite not being human... How would that effect the child growing up? To always be running and being afraid. Maybe at some point the Doctor and River would start to teach their child how to protect themselves or something but when would they decide is the right time? Is there ever a right time to teach a kid to fight? What if the kid fights at the wrong times... When his father is wanting to give a second chance and the kid ruins any chance of that happening by fighting instead of being calm? We never know how a person is going to end up... All they could do was try their best to raise their kid to the best of their abilities and hope for the best. But if the kid turned out like The Master somehow... How would the Doctor handle that? How would River handle that? River started off bad but turned good... So, the opposite can always happen.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:40 am

Running from your past is different from being chased. If they were being hunted...I think that changes how people think & would make River very dangerous but scare the crudmuffins out of the Dr.

Dealing with predators & a family with a wife that is wild & willing to die for her child. She doesn't listen to him! It would be really hard on them all & if she went off & got hurt/killed....
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:56 am

It is different but everywhere the Doctor goes he bumps into a challenge he has to overcome so I don't think it's quite as different as we'd think. The Doctor is always in danger if you think about it and he knows that but he refuses to act like it. But it would change them quite a bit to be being chased and River would be great in that situation.

But we know how River ends... So it wouldn't be possible to have her killed off because they've already done that. I don't think they'd want to get people all worked up over that. Because if River dies in the future she wouldn't have died with ten. I think it'd be more possible if they were trying to defend the family and something happened to the kid. That'd be harder on them both. They were trying so hard to keep the kid safe and then in the end they couldn't.
pandacobain

Return to Futurekind