Possible female Doctor?

Discuss the future of Doctor Who. WARNING! Possible spoilers!

Possible female Doctor?

Postby heikewho » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 pm

So I saw an interview with Steven Moffat where they asked him about the possibility of a FEMALE Doctor in the future. He answered that he had been thinking about it, and it is possible that they can pull that off in the future, the only thing holding them back now is the storyline. It would be pretty weird since he's married and him being male and attractive is a part of the fun.

My views on this is that it would be a brilliant idea BUT considering he's married to River Song it would be a little bit off. The fact that River Song keeps popping in and out I think makes this a little more possible, and the fact that we all know she's going to die at some point. Or "be saved" as one could call it.

If they however decide that they want a female Doctor in the future, I'm excited to see who it will be.. I don't think they would go on and pick the most known actress out there, maybe there is a woman lurking in the shadows somewhere.

What are your views on this? (:
heikewho

Re: Possible female Doctor?

Postby gothmetacrisis » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:40 pm

lol probably the only way they will ever make the Dr ginger!

Seriously though...what about Jenny?

Or could his DNA still be stored from that episode?

Or a child. He is a married man now.

maybe other children from his long past?

The Face of Boe can get pregnant... maybe he finally get a chance with the Dr?
gothmetacrisis

Postby Kjasi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:25 am

Actually, one of my theories about Oswin is that she's the daughter of River and the Doctor.

As for any more of his family, the only living TimeLord (that I'm aware of) that's related to him and not stuck in the Time War, is his granddaughter Susan. Last I heard, she was left in the 2150's with a boy she fell in love with (David) after defeating the Daleks. Books and radio plays say she had a family with David, but some of the stories are conflicting. Some say she had 3 kids, some say she couldn't conceive with David, so they adopted 1 boy... Hard to tell what's true and what's not anymore in the world of Who...
Kjasi

Postby gothmetacrisis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:04 am

Considering they have all of time space & tech at immediate disposal I don't think we will ever know what they have up their sleeves lol!

But its fun to dream!

Can Flesh reproduce if they have lived as one individual for long enough? The body is "real" - why not?
gothmetacrisis

Postby heikewho » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:54 am

Kjasi wrote:Actually, one of my theories about Oswin is that she's the daughter of River and the Doctor.

As for any more of his family, the only living TimeLord (that I'm aware of) that's related to him and not stuck in the Time War, is his granddaughter Susan. Last I heard, she was left in the 2150's with a boy she fell in love with (David) after defeating the Daleks. Books and radio plays say she had a family with David, but some of the stories are conflicting. Some say she had 3 kids, some say she couldn't conceive with David, so they adopted 1 boy... Hard to tell what's true and what's not anymore in the world of Who...

Haha, you're right, it's all so hard to figure out. Over the past years I've found out that it's all very... Wibbly-wobbly Timey-wimey out there in the whoniverse. Some say that Jenny will come back later, but considering Georgia Moffet has a little David Tennant in her stomach I think that if she does, it will be a regenerated Jenny. And if she can regenerate - Then things are going to get really very confusing haha.

Also with susan, there has been nothing from her yet, which means they can still make something out of that. Ooooh, it's all so exciting! You never know what will happen. I'm looking so forward to see it all, and not long now!
heikewho

Postby gothtini » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:01 am

Oswin can't be the daughter of the River and Doctor, if she is think about that kiss they shared EW! I actually keep thinking of her as the daughter of River and Jack, she just acts like them a lot so its easy to see. And perhaps I am the only one, but I can see River being alright with being married to a woman so if the Doctor regenerated as a girl that wouldn't be a problem. Though in one of the minisodes its said that 11 is the one to take her to the towers of Darillium, so he may be the last Doctor she is with but that also may not have been the last time he takes her who knows. Also when River was talking about their last time together she said a new haircut and a new suit, a girl could wear a suit though the 11 taking her did have on a new suit soo...yeah..He could be alive when she dies, but I'm not fully sure if that matters since their life is wibbly wobbly. I can't see them bringing back Susie sadly, he says he is the last of the Timelords which means Susie isn't in the picture anymore.
gothtini

Postby pandacobain » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:37 am

Eh. I kind of don't think a female doctor would be possible. Well, maybe. I don't know. Since he is married and well... All along he's been a male, why change that now? The Doctor being a male has worked all along, they could bring in a female Time Lord, bring back Jenny if you will because though she isn't fully Time Lord, she's still got the 2 hearts and didn't die when she should have. Though... If they want to be rid of River in order to have a female Doctor, they would have to have him regenerate and get a new sonic screwdriver or get a new screwdriver for him to give to her before she goes to The Library. Because as much fun as it would be for there to be a female Doctor with River, I don't think it'd work out too well. And as we know, River says that The Doctor is a male when he takes her on their last date before she leaves for The Library. I guess it's another we'll have to wait and see.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:18 pm

pandacobain wrote:Eh. I kind of don't think a female doctor would be possible. Well, maybe. I don't know. Since he is married and well... All along he's been a male, why change that now? The Doctor being a male has worked all along, they could bring in a female Time Lord, bring back Jenny if you will because though she isn't fully Time Lord, she's still got the 2 hearts and didn't die when she should have. Though... If they want to be rid of River in order to have a female Doctor, they would have to have him regenerate and get a new sonic screwdriver or get a new screwdriver for him to give to her before she goes to The Library. Because as much fun as it would be for there to be a female Doctor with River, I don't think it'd work out too well. And as we know, River says that The Doctor is a male when he takes her on their last date before she leaves for The Library. I guess it's another we'll have to wait and see.

Didn't Moffat make a point about how scifi is the only genre on TV today that has strong Femal characters. I think they would do it in a heartbeat if they could work out the timelines.

I also think that they would have 2 Timelords in one tardis (or maybe more) as it was designed to be piloted my many. I wouldn't count anything out.

But they should make her ginger!
gothmetacrisis

Postby heikewho » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm

gothtini wrote:Oswin can't be the daughter of the River and Doctor, if she is think about that kiss they shared EW! I actually keep thinking of her as the daughter of River and Jack, she just acts like them a lot so its easy to see. And perhaps I am the only one, but I can see River being alright with being married to a woman so if the Doctor regenerated as a girl that wouldn't be a problem. Though in one of the minisodes its said that 11 is the one to take her to the towers of Darillium, so he may be the last Doctor she is with but that also may not have been the last time he takes her who knows. Also when River was talking about their last time together she said a new haircut and a new suit, a girl could wear a suit though the 11 taking her did have on a new suit soo...yeah..He could be alive when she dies, but I'm not fully sure if that matters since their life is wibbly wobbly. I can't see them bringing back Susie sadly, he says he is the last of the Timelords which means Susie isn't in the picture anymore.

I too think River would be okay with a female Doctor. I don't think Susie will come back, but if they run out of ideas (which is highly unlikely) it can be possible. I don't think Oswin is the daughter either, that wouldn't be right with the story, though your theory of River and Jack is possible.

Also, he has to be a man when River dies, because she said so. It's a fixed point. Still, he may regenerate into a female AFTER that. We still don't know how long this series will go on for.
heikewho

Postby bondservant4jesuschrist » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:08 am

No, I don't want him to be a female. There is long tradition of males. I don't think this should be messed with, only if it was like maybe a one time episode, mix up thing, just for fun. But not on a regular basis.
bondservant4jesuschrist

Next

Return to Futurekind