Random Chattery

Re: Random Chattery

Postby pandacobain » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Ick. No cheats. I HAVE to have cheats on my xbox. I try not to but after a while it's just like, "UGH. I WANT THINGS." Haha. If I could use cheats in real life... I totally would. xD

Aha. My family is pretty messy and my dad is almost a hoarder. I don't really like the big huge messes we have but I can't really do much about it by myself... When I move out again I hope to not have big messes anymore... And someone more willing to help do dishes. >.<
pandacobain

Postby kittypippin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Yeah, pretty much. I also wish it were as easy to get a job and get promoted as easily as you can in the game... that would make my life a lot easier.

Yeah... I think I had the potential to follow the family tradition of hoarding, but I recognized it soon enough to actually try and break the habits and create better ones.
kittypippin

Postby pandacobain » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Yuss. Yes it would. That would be awesome.

I probably do but I go through and throw my stuff away a lot when I can. When I moved out of my apartment and back in with the family I got rid of a lot of stuff.
pandacobain

Postby kittypippin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:08 pm

When I moved out of my parent's house and into an apartment with friends, I got rid of a LOT. Partially because the aforementioned clean freak roommates pointed out that there was no way that the amount of stuff I had was going to fit. So the few things that were still useful but unnecessary I stored in a corner of my aunt's storage space, and the rest I purged. Still have a little too much stuff for the space though, so I'm probably going to have to re-organize and either get rid of stuff or store some more.
kittypippin

Postby pandacobain » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:12 am

Well, when I moved out I took as much of my stuff as I could because my grandfather probably would have thrown my stuff out or sold it or took it to goodwill. >.< Now I need to get a job or disability or something so I can move out again. Though I think I've already decided I'm not going to be moving in with my bf and his friends cause I wouldn't be able to bring like, anything and he gets to have all his magic: the gathering crap all over the place. So, I'll be figuring something else out. Though, when/if I'm able to get a job, I'll be saving up to get a car first and then eventually move into an apartment either with him or with a friend. If I moved in with him and I was paying for a car I'd prob not have to pay any part of the rent at first. But idk. I mean, I know what I'd want to take. My Doctor Who TARDIS cookie jar and my World of Warcraft figurine of the hyena looking dude (totally blanking on what he's called), and my craft stuff. xD Ooh. And my Star Wars stuff that I got for Christmas. Bleh. I just need my own place. :/ We were looking into a house and we moved out so he could save up for us to get a house and for me to get better in order to get a job to save up and then a month later he moved in with friends so... Bleh. I do know though, that my first house is going to have a ton of geeky/nerdy stuff everywhere.
pandacobain

Postby kittypippin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Yeah. I lived half at home, half at school when I was in college. But after, I stuck around the area in summer housing on campus trying to find a job so I could stay in the area (for a number of reasons, mostly I just didn't want to move back home and deal with a lot of crap there). Sadly, I failed at the goal, and ended up back at home for just over a year before I found a way out again. My friends were really cool about letting me slide on rent and food costs for the first few months while I found a job and figured out a way to survive and pay bills. And it's totally worth not having as much space as I used to.

My room consists of a bed, 3 stand-alone bookshelves, a desk with a desktop bookshelf, a mini-filing cabinet and a makeshift dresser mostly composed of crates (still haven't found a free one that will fit). The bookshelves are all packed, with books and my various bottle/shot glass/other kitsch. I'm working on creating more organizational systems to make everything actually accessible. But again, totally worth it to not be living at home.
kittypippin

Postby pandacobain » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm really hoping that soon all my medical issues can be fixed and I can get out of here. It's just adding more stress than I need with the state of my health and nobody seems to get that. And I've lived away from home more than at home since I was 18. It's hard to come back here. I don't like having nowhere to have my stuff without it getting ruined or going missing because someone took it or moved it and doesn't remember where they put it. I don't have a ton of stuff to put anywhere anyway, I just don't want to move out of here and to a place where I'm going to have even less of myself around. I'm fine with one room where I can at least put a few of my favorite things on display. I wouldn't be able to slide on rent or food costs. >.< My boyfriend just bought a car so he's gonna be SUPER tight on money and I'm not looking forward to him having one more excuse not to do anything other than sit around doing one thing while I do another on our hang out days.

See, that's actually really awesome. I wouldn't need a lot. Just a dresser, a couple of book shelves and I don't even need a real dresser. I don't have many clothes that fit anymore. xD And I know how you feel about it being worth not living at home.
pandacobain

Postby kittypippin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:32 am

Yeah, it really stinks when you're not there because you want to be, more because you have to be. My main thing was a lack of finances. I'm just lucky that the city my school was in (which is where I ended up moving back to) has a better economy than the Bay Area (where I grew up) and a much cheaper cost of living. Otherwise it never would have worked.

It really is a pretty good setup for the amount of space. Now I just need to stop choosing Sims over productivity and I will actually get it all sorted out and neat.
kittypippin

Postby pandacobain » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:16 am

Bay Area? Only time I've ever heard Bay Area was from my family in Florida. xD Sorry. I can't even halfway afford to go to school or get a place to live. I mean, if I moved in with the bf then sure... I could live away from home again but eh. I also need to get a car first. So I'd have to save up money from working to get a car and then to move out.

Ahaha. Never choose productivity over Sims unless you have someone coming over and you want to impress them. ;P
pandacobain

Postby kittypippin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:24 pm

San Francisco Bay Area, in CA. I forget that people out of state may have other bay areas that they think of when I say that. Where I live now is a couple of hours away, and every time I mention that I grew up there I either get "Oh, that's cool, I love San Francisco" or "Wow, aren't you glad to be out?" Lot of people relocated out here to get away from the insanity.

Yeah. It's a drag to have to do things in the right sequence, isn't it? *le sigh*

I didn't even pretend to try and be productive today... I just got home from work and went straight to Sims. I got pretty far along the storyline I decided to create. My family is like 6 people, which is a little crazy to keep track of, but definitely a fun challenge.
kittypippin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic