Favorite Books?

Favorite Books?

Postby pandacobain » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm always looking for new books to read... Be it on the tablet or an actual real life book... Though now I'm slightly afraid of going to the library thanks to Doctor Who. :lol:

Just wondering what some of your favorite books are and why they are. :)

A few of mine are:

Summer of My German Soldier. This book is set during WWII and that's one of my favorite subjects honestly... But the book is about a young girl who helps protect a German soldier and she falls in love with him over time. There's more than one book but this one is my favorite.

Beautiful Creatures. This book is just a favorite. There are I think 3 books in the series and I haven't had the chance to read the third... Actually, I think there may be 4... I just have to read the first two again because my mom bought me the 3rd for Christmas.

There are others but I'm too tired to think. Haha.

So, what are a few of your favorites? :)
pandacobain

Re: Favorite Books?

Postby gothmetacrisis » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

I loved Tad Williams - Tailchaser's Song - but you have to like cats.

It is about a boy who is in love with a girl but she is taken in the middle of the night right when they were about to complete their mating so he goes on a quest to save her.

But it is a dark adventure & they are parts that made me cry....I named one of my cats after a character in this book.
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am

woah. That sounds oddly interesting. I like cats but... xD I dunno. I'll have to look into it. :)
I got through The Hunger Games series and cried when Prim died... Like... So hard... Sorry for any spoilers. xD
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Ohh...I will have to read those now! lol
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Haha. Did you see the movie? It disappointed me... Though they did get an amazing cast.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:40 pm

No I hardly ever get out of the house....

We have 2 chickens, 2 cats, 2 hamsters, 2 gerbils, 2 frogs, mice, 2 hermit crabs, snake, dog, finch, fish....I may be forgetting someone...

Plus homeschooling the kids fulltime & my classes to keep up on my certifications & now all the business stuff...IRS papers, finding board members, setting up webites & accounts & advertising...plus the business plan & 3 & 5 yr projections...acid tests, proforma profit loss...it seems endless....

& everytime something new comes out which is daily in this society I have to research its cost effectiveness to see if it is better than the plan before...

I have only had 1 day off in 4 yrs

But I can get in reading & some TV especially on sick days.

So thats when i will read your suggestions - very next sick day! lol
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:27 am

Good grief. O_O

Well, there's lots of other books I really like but when they're not sitting in front of me I can't think of the titles. xD Same with movies and tv shows.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:26 am

I really LOVE Heinlein! Anything by him is going to be good - even though they screwed up the Starship Troopers movies. But Cat Who Walks Through Walls is a good one & is based off Schrodinger's theory that when something is not observed it is no longer bound by our "rules of reality" so to speak. So the cat in a box is free to travel through time & space & dimention until the box is open & it is observed again.

Very Who!!!

& makes you wonder what cats are really doing inall of those boxes! lol I am actually writing a story about that!
gothmetacrisis

Postby pandacobain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 pm

Ahaha. Based of of Schrodinger? I should definitely look into that book then! :D So... The cat is almost like The Doctor!! HAha. That's awesome. I'll definitely look into it!! Aha. The kitties know the secrets of the box!! I say their plotting world domination.
pandacobain

Postby gothmetacrisis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:29 am

Also if you read several books of his you find characters that seem familiar! I don't want to ruin it for you but I can tell you that our version of space/time is pretty boring compared to these books of his! lol
gothmetacrisis

Return to Books